Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Start of Something New

Fishing has always been an interest of mine, but the day that the art of fly fishing was introduced to me, I was engulfed in something that I spend every second of my day thinking about. Not only was I hooked on fly fishing, but tying flies soon became addictive. Not long after I started both casting and tying I discovered that there is no greater feeling than watching a fish take your fly off the surface of the water. There is nothing else like witnessing a bass viciously take your popper off the surface or to watch a trout delicately sip your dry fly off the surface barely leaving a ripple. As they say, the tug is my drug. Every fish and every stream, river, and lake that I have had the opportunity to experience because of fly fishing has made me want to pursue a profession if possible in the fly fishing community. Though I am still young and in high school, I take every opportunity to get my name out in fly fishing and by creating this blog I hope that I will receive more opportunities to follow my passion of fly fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment