Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trout Don't Satisfy the Need For Chrome

Up here in massachusetts (at boarding school) the feeling of chasing chrome has been eating me alive. There are no steelhead here but we are experiencing steelheading weather. Its freezing, torrential downpours of rain, and miles of fresh flowing water. Back home in the midwest the steelhead are running full force and all there is to satisfy my urge to fly fish are brown and rainbow trout. At this point in the year I would normally be breaking out my 8 wt. with big, gaudy streamers, but as of now I am still fishing my 5 wt. These trout are not making my reel sing like a steelie, and my backing hasn't seen light in far too long. I need CHROME! constant reruns of the documentary Metalhead are the only thing keeping me sane. The countdown is on for the time when I return home for break and can feel the dance of a fresh steelie in the palms of my hands.

                                                        Metalhead
                                            An AEG media production

No comments:

Post a Comment