Tuesday, March 29, 2011

First Day On The "New" Upper Chagrin River

After the breaking of the dam, 8.5 miles of water was opened up for steelhead to run up. With time running out in my spring break, my friend and I went out on the virgin steelhead waters of the chag. The stretch we fished is one of my favorite stretches for summer smallmouth partly because of how close it is and because of my familiarity with it. You get to know a stretch of water well when you fish it at least 3 times a week in a summer. Fishing wasn't great but throwing a switch rod was amazing. That day was one of the days that it is just fun to cast a switch rod with minimal effort and watch the line fly off the water and shoot across the river. I was throwing big gaudy pink and chartreuse streamers loaded with flash because there was about 4 inches of visibility and the river was really high and fast. Great day and for other steelhead posts check out my buddies blog http://flyfishingkidchronicles.blogspot.com/.

Here are some pictures of my buddy throwing his 6 wt. Switch. Sorry about a few of the pics, my computer wouldn't flip them for some reason.





No comments:

Post a Comment