Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rubber Worms, A Purists Worst Nightmare

One of the worst things I personally believe can happen when fly fishing is to be working a run and not hooking up with the fish and only to look downstream and to see a person with conventional gear ripping fish. It may not be frustrating to everyone but it pisses me off. Not only are they ok with using conventional gear, which can be looked past, but they are catching more fish which is a problem. Anyways after reading some texts from my friend, who is unfortunately a conventional guy, about how he had caught 20 bass in a day using rubber worms out in California, I had to do something about it. So I went to a store and bought bags of rubber worms and after about an hour of tying I came up with a few patterns. Not all of them are pretty, but they look like they will catch fish.






No comments:

Post a Comment